Commitment to Diversity
We recognize the premium that our clients place on diversity. We are proud of Korn Ferry’s track record of diverse appointments, and we hope that our experience in this regard will speak for itself. In our higher education searches since 2009, 40% of our placements have been women and/or under-represented faculty of color. We have experience in diverse appointments at leading institutions across a range of roles, from presidents, chancellors and provosts to finance officers to academic and administrative deans.
We understand that a commitment to diversity is proven not only by data and results, but also by structuring and leading a process that prioritizes and supports diversity. From our work with search committees, we know this necessitates careful messaging, thoughtful guidance to the committee and strategic candidate outreach. Even so, valuing diversity requires not only process, but also promoting an ideal and seeking to uphold it at every juncture. We have encountered the unintended impact of unconscious bias in other committee processes and are equipped to address it. In assisting your process, we can provide you sound counsel, strategic and tactical guidance and an institutional commitment to support this important standard.
Korn Ferry is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all and fostering an environment that attracts diverse talent. In fact, we represent diversity in the highest levels of our Global Education practice. As part of its promotion of diversity, Korn Ferry endeavors to identify diverse candidates of all backgrounds for its clients and is committed to best practices in diversity recruiting. As such, Korn Ferry:
- Has a dedicated Diversity Specialty Team, which was established in 1998 in the US and now spans Korn Ferry’s offices in Latin America, EMEA and Asia Pacific.
- Cultivates strong relationships with talent networks that are aimed at identifying diverse candidates.
- Brings the resources of a dedicated Diversity and Inclusion Practice.
- Has an internal Diversity Taskforce, the mission of which is to ensure that Korn Ferry is addressing Diversity issues in the most effective and innovative ways.
- Produces a number of Diversity Publications and has launched two best practice guides to give clients and consultants tips to ensure a more inclusive search process, and guidance regarding diversity candidate attraction and retention.
- Assists clients, when requested, with on-boarding to ensure retention of diverse talent.