Making sure today’s leaders are prepared for tomorrow.
Develop your leaders. Activate your strategy.
Most organizations have some kind of leadership development program in place. Very few have the right kind. All too often, the focus is on acquiring new skills, which may instantly become obsolete with the smallest shifts in technology, market behavior, or business strategy. Today’s rapidly changing world calls for a more contextual approach.
At Korn Ferry, we collaborate with you to create leadership development solutions that improve company valuation and change people’s lives. We do this by anchoring — not just aligning — to your organization’s strategy, mission, culture, and purpose. We also put equal weight on personal, team, and organizational development — prompting progress and momentum on all levels.
The value of effective leadership development.
The benefits of having an effective leadership development program are well documented. Studies show that differences in the quality of executive leadership explain as much as 45 percent of an organization’s performance.
Additionally, most ambitious growth-focused organizations are currently pursuing or considering a strategic shift — a change to their core business model that provides fuel for their continued growth, marketplace relevance, and financial health. On top of living our own shift at Korn Ferry, we get to help our clients execute on theirs. Here are some examples of strategic shifts from a number of our actual clients:
- An aerospace and defense contractor sets out to mitigate the risk of decreasing defense spending in the U.S. by moving into commercial aerospace and select high growth international markets.
- A global pharmaceutical company seeks to significantly expand its North American footprint by establishing a series of distribution partnerships and developing a differentiated sales force that captures increased physician mind share and time share.
- An Indian IT services company attempts to fight the forces of commoditization and eroding margins by climbing the value chain, competing against the global IT consulting players, and pursuing sources of more strategic, longer-term, and higher-quality revenue.
But not all such shifts come to fruition, for many organizations. For myriad reasons, there is a well-documented gap between vision and execution. Leadership development can be one of the driving forces in closing this strategy-execution gap, getting you closer to your vision of the future and realizing the potential in your organization and people.
We offer highly tailored solutions.
For us, the best “case study” will always be the client’s own business. This contextual approach creates a platform for real progress as leaders develop. Real work occurs as people grow, learn, and develop. In fact, as a result of development programs, our clients have started up new lines of business, launched innovative projects, transformed the cultures of their organizations, improved customer relationships, and achieved numerous financial gains. No off the shelf solution can achieve these types of outcomes.
The principles behind our design process.
Although the development support we offer varies from business to business, there are three core tenets that underpin all our work:
- Design in context: business strategy, culture, and mission provide the context for leadership development
- Focus on what leaders need to be and do: build characteristics that are universally crucial and develop specific competencies based on context
- Treat leadership development as a journey: learning and application occur in context with an intensity and time frame that match the strategy
Growing top talent for the future.
Through our tailored programs and research-based, time-tested methodologies, we help organizations develop leaders who can meet uncertainty with understanding, transform complexity into clarity, and find, in the volatile conditions of the present, a compelling vision of the future. In other words, we help leaders — and, by extension, their organizations — blaze a trail through uncharted territory and realize their full potential for strategic growth.
A selection of our services.
- Executive Development: Drives business performance and improves company valuation by developing a bench of strategically ready leaders who are engaged and motivated to activate the organization’s strategy to meet critical business challenges.
- High-Potential and Pivotal Leader Development: Accelerates readiness for bigger and broader leadership roles as well as the increased complexities of current leadership roles.
- Enterprise Leadership Development: Helps clients develop the next generation of leaders at all levels of the organization.
- Development Coaching: Provides one-on-one coaching with leaders to accelerate their advancement in expanding self-awareness, improving leadership effectiveness, and preparing for future critical roles in the organization. |
Thank you for submitting.
You will receive a response within 1-2 business days from today.
Questions? +1 800 633 4410
1900 Avenue of the Stars
Los Angeles, CA 90067