Making sure today’s leaders are prepared for tomorrow.
Develop your leaders. Activate your strategy.
Most organizations have some kind of leadership development program in place. Very few have the right kind. All too often, the focus is on acquiring new skills, which may instantly become obsolete with the smallest shifts in technology, market behavior, or business strategy. Today’s rapidly changing world calls for a more contextual approach.
At Korn Ferry, we collaborate with you to create adaptable and relevant leadership development solutions that accelerate your talent and business strategies. We do this by anchoring — not just aligning — to your organization’s strategy, mission, culture, and purpose. We also put equal weight on personal, team, and organizational development — prompting progress and momentum across the entire enterprise.
The value of effective leadership development.
The benefits of having an effective leadership development program are well documented. Studies show that differences in the quality of executive leadership explain as much as 45 percent of an organization’s performance.
Additionally, most growth-focused organizations are already in pursuit of a strategic shift — a change to their core business model that provides fuel for their continued growth, marketplace relevance, and financial health. But not all such shifts come to fruition, for many organizations. For myriad reasons, there is a well-documented gap between vision and execution. Leadership development can be one of the driving forces in closing this strategy-execution gap, getting you closer to your vision of the future and realizing the potential in your organization and people.
On top of living our own strategic shift at Korn Ferry, we get to help our clients execute on theirs. Here are some examples of strategic shifts from a number of our actual clients:
- An aerospace and defense contractor sets out to mitigate the risk of decreasing defense spending in the U.S. by moving into commercial aerospace and select high growth international markets.
- A global pharmaceutical company seeks to significantly expand its North American footprint by establishing a series of distribution partnerships and developing a differentiated sales force that captures increased physician mind share and time share.
- An Indian IT services company attempts to fight the forces of commoditization and eroding margins by climbing the value chain, competing against the global IT consulting players, and pursuing sources of more strategic, longer-term, and higher-quality revenue.
We offer highly tailored solutions.
For us, the best “case study” will always be the client’s own business. This contextual approach creates a platform for real progress as leaders develop. Real work occurs as people grow, learn, and develop. In fact, as a result of development programs, our clients have started up new lines of business, launched innovative projects, transformed the cultures of their organizations, improved customer relationships, and achieved numerous financial gains. No off the shelf solution can achieve these types of outcomes.
The principles behind our design process.
Korn Ferry’s proprietary research and experience shows there are four core pillars that ignite the impact of leadership development, when used in concert with each other.
- Design in context: business strategy, culture, and mission provide the context for leadership development
- Develop the whole person: focus on what leaders need to be and do by building characteristics that are universally crucial and developing specific competencies based on context
- Treat leadership development as a journey: learning and application occur in context with an intensity and time frame that match the strategy
- Service promotes purpose: The opportunity to contribute beyond one’s self activates inherent leadership capability and enables people to experience the power and impact of true leadership
Growing top talent for the future.
Through our tailored programs and research-based, time-tested methodologies, we help organizations develop leaders who can meet uncertainty with understanding, transform complexity into clarity, and find, in the volatile conditions of the present, a compelling vision of the future. In other words, we help leaders — and, by extension, their organizations — blaze a trail through uncharted territory and realize their full potential for strategic growth.
Develop your leaders with the most relevant and empowering learning strategies.
- Individual development: Empower individuals to develop leadership capabilities, a personal brand, interpersonal relationships, business acumen, organizational savvy, and other targeted competencies. Our individual development services focus on building performance for individual leaders, preparing succession candidates, developing legacy, and driving a more fulfilled, accomplished, rewarding career and life.
- Team development: Ignite teams or working groups to improve their shared performance, alignment, and effectiveness. Our team development services focus on helping teams achieve higher levels of collaboration, output, fulfillment, and success.
- Group development: Engage diverse groups of leaders from across the business to come together to develop their leadership capability, business acumen, people development, culture building, and overall strategic contribution to the organization. Our group development services focus heavily on preparing leaders to activate the strategies of today while preparing for the challenges of tomorrow.
- Enterprise development: Fuel higher performance across the enterprise with scalable, flexible learning and development options. Our enterprise development focuses on helping every employee achieve their personal-best performance, improve diversity and cultural understanding, and align on strategy.
- Development Coaching: Provide one-on-one coaching for leaders to accelerate their advancement in expanding self-awareness, improving leadership effectiveness, and preparing for future critical roles in the organization.
Layers of expertise.
At Korn Ferry, we are committed to building leadership solutions that activate strategy, drive valuation, engage your workforce, and change peoples’ lives.
In addition to expertise in four primary developmental strategies (individual, team, group, enterprise), we tailor development programs for the unique needs of your future and current leaders at all levels of the organization and make them relevant by designing within the context of your industry.
Korn Ferry leadership development solutions address the unique developmental needs in the following areas:
- C-suite: Confidential development focused on building legacy and driving organizational change and transformation.
- Senior executives: Contextual development focused on helping leaders manage complexity, increase contribution, and create results through others.
- High potentials: Rigorous development focused on preparing high potential leaders for bigger, broader roles while pushing them to increase their level of strategic contribution and impact.
- Vital many: Scalable development targeting critical skills and competencies needed by people across the organization.
Industry and market sector expertise.
- Life Sciences
- Higher education
What powers our solutions and products?
Four Dimensions of Leadership and Talent
Performance, engagement, and culture are all driven by a deep understanding of people. The Korn Ferry Four Dimensions of Leadership and Talent provide a complete picture of the individual qualities that drive performance and engagement. This comprehensive framework, anchored by research on talent at all levels, addresses the foundations of human behavior: traits, drivers, experiences, and competencies. It is used in multiple ways:
- Establish and augment profiles that define success for specific roles.
- Identify gaps between the leaders you have and the leaders you need.
- Pinpoint key qualities to select and promote against, and target development.
- More accurately identify high-performers.
- Take the guesswork out of your most important talent decisions. |
Thank you for submitting.
You will receive a response within 1-2 business days from today.
Questions? +1 800 633 4410
1900 Avenue of the Stars
Los Angeles, CA 90067