Prior to joining Korn Ferry in 2020, Rich gained over 25 years of experience in the areas of management consulting, corporate enterprises and entrepreneurial endeavors including:
- Over 10 years as a human capital management consultant in the Big 4 focused on large scale HR transformation, cost containment and change management projects.
- Global Head of Total Rewards at Alliance Bernstein where he built a high performing team to deliver market leading, creative and competitive rewards solutions to advance the success of the business platforms firmwide.
- Head of Compensation for the global banking and markets functions at Bank of America Merrill Lynch. During this time Rich led the banking and markets functions through massive transformation fueled by considerable changes resulting from the financial crisis of 2007/08.
- Head of Global Talent, Rewards and HR Operations at Guggenheim Partners, which enjoyed a very steep growth trajectory due to opportunistic non-organic growth. Rich was instrumental in efficiently assimilating the people strategies of the legacy organizations onto corporate wide plans and policies, designed and built to further the Firm's philosophy and assist in the continued growth of the businesses.
- Founder of a boutique investment management and advisory firm, specializing in PE investments in the hospitality space and niche real estate portfolios. On the advisory side of the business, Rich focused his energy on assisting his clients with their most complex and sensitive business challenges related to human capital.
As a human capital expert, Rich understands the importance of diversity of thought and the advancement of underrepresented groups. During his career Rich has served extensively as an executive sponsor and mentor to Diversity and Inclusion networks, including the Women's Innovation and Inclusion Network, the Veterans Transition Assistance Program, and the Multi-Cultural Employee Business Network. Rich also served as the Chairperson for the Supplier Diversity Counsel which assured opportunities for minority and women owned businesses to be invited to and compete for corporate contracts.
Rich is a graduate of Fordham University.