Korn Ferry Vice Chairman RJ Heckman Authors “The Talent Manifesto”
Los Angeles. February 15, 2019
- Book Combines Big-Picture, Proven Talent Strategies with Step-by-Step Instruction to Fuel Long-Term Business Success -
LOS ANGELES, Feb. 15, 2019 — Written for CEOs, CHROs and leaders across global organizations, the newly released Talent Manifesto: How Disrupting People Strategies Maximizes Business Results (McGraw Hill) provides a comprehensive guide to redesigning talent strategies that will transform into organizational success.
In Talent Manifesto, Korn Ferry Vice Chairman RJ Heckman incorporates best practices, research and lessons-learned from thousands of global companies to illustrate how to achieve optimum organizational performance through talent.
In Talent Manifesto, Heckman shows how the highest-performing companies are able to dance “The Talent Waltz”:
- Defining with laser-like precision what type of talent is required to create and then execute a winning business strategy
- Managing talent with data analytics that predict and explain a wide range of business outcomes, including financial performance relative to competitors.
- Creating talent processes that are simple, fast and maybe even fun for stakeholders
Using the principles in The Talent Waltz, Heckman further shows in detail how to maximize business performance through the disruption of talent practices, including:
- Changing hiring methods, including using artificial intelligence, to help source candidates and offering data-driven assessment methods that are proven to identify candidates who will perform well and who will fit into a company culture
- Identifying engagement drivers at the individual level, specifically for those in the most pivotal roles
- Changing reward practices so that they go from spreading tiny increases equally among all to bringing a much sharper focus on incenting people who make the biggest difference in corporate victories
The book shows how the pathways between these (and other) interconnected talent practices must be paved by an unwavering focus on strategy, data, speed and simplicity.
About the author
RJ Heckman, PhD, Vice Chairman at Korn Ferry, has worked in talent management consulting and leadership development fields for 25 years. He consults with many of Korn Ferry’s 7,000 clients, representing a large percentage of the world’s top organizations. He has worked as an internal HR leader for two Fortune 50 companies, a CEO of a global leadership advisory firm, and serves as a consultant to boards, CEOs and CHROs of more than 100 Global Fortune 1000 companies.
About Korn Ferry
Korn Ferry is a global organizational consulting firm. We help clients synchronize strategy and talent to drive superior performance. We work with organizations to design their structures, roles, and responsibilities. We help them hire the right people to bring their strategy to life. And we advise them on how to reward, develop, and motivate their people.