Program Management empowers participants to identify and refine the advanced business and leadership skills required to go beyond managing projects to excel at managing programs. Participants will learn to set up a program, define the projects and operations that make up that program, develop a solid business case, and manage stakeholders at all levels. Detailed techniques provide the skills needed to develop a detailed road map and major components of the program management plan that define key deliverables and outputs needed for realizing program benefits.
- Increase your effectiveness and efficiency as a program manager in achieving the strategic value of a program.
- Follow a systematic approach to managing programs.
- Apply proven tools and techniques to program management.
- Recognize benefits management as the primary responsibility of the program manager.
- Use a standard vocabulary for program management.
- Distinguish between projects, programs and portfolios; and project management, program management and portfolio management.
- Describe the program life cycle and recognize the value of following this approach.
- Understand the critical success factors of program management; maintaining alignment with strategy, managing benefits and stakeholders and executing program governance.
- Directs work
- Drives results
- Drives vision and purpose
- Ensures accountability
- Manages complexity
- Plans and aligns
- Strategic mindset
- Enterprise readiness assessment
- Multi-project management
- Project benefits management
- Project change management
- Project communications management
- Project cost/budget management
- Project governing
- Project organization and structure
- Risk management
- Strategic project and program alignment
- Onsite instructor-led: 3 days - 22.5 / 2 days - 15
- Virtual instructor-led: 3 days - 22.5 / 2 days - 15