Webinar: Talent Acquisition Trends 2023
Watch a dynamic discussion on what employers can do to attract the best talent in the year ahead.
Our talent acquisition services
Korn Ferry talent acquisition specialists work with you to solve your most pressing needs at every stage of the talent journey.
Find the best leaders who connect with your culture and values to drive your business forward.
Place future leaders and rising stars in middle and upper management roles across all sectors and industries.
Interim Executives & Professionals
Hire expert talent at any level, in any industry, from single just-in-time assignments to complex long-term projects, according to your timeline.
Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO)
Hire the right people at scale, leveraging customized technology and talent insights while reducing costs.
How we can help
Our talent acquisition specialists will help you attract, source and secure the right talent for short-term success and long-term growth. Here’s how we can help.
Find the right people to grow your business—anywhere in the world
Our global reach and extensive candidate database give you instant access to a network of diverse top talent—in any industry, any level and any location. We have experts ready to design custom solutions to meet your needs, whether recruiting executives and professionals or making direct or interim hires.
We’ll simplify the hiring process with a variety of tools and technology to streamline manual tasks, so your team can focus on more strategic work and candidates get the information they need faster. Our Intelligence Cloud provides data driven insights into the current talent market and in demand skills to help you create the right job descriptions and identify the best fit candidates quickly. Whether you have a specific hiring need, are filling interim roles, or require an ongoing recruitment partnership, we can execute according to your timeline.
Strengthen your performance
We’ve used everything we know about teams, organizations and people to create Success Profiles, dynamic benchmarks that identify what traits and skills the people on your team need to help you reach your goals. We’ll assess your people so you know where their strengths and opportunities lie and where you need to hire to fill gaps. Candidates who score highly on our talent assessments are 8x more likely to be top performers, propelling your organization forward—fast.
Let us be part of your success story
Contact us to explore how our talent acquisition services can help you achieve your business goals.
Talk to a Talent Acquisition expert
FAQs for talent acquisition
How can talent acquisition solve your hiring challenges?
Many organizations struggle to find candidates to fill their roles. Often, that’s because they lack a long-term hiring plan capable of adjusting to disruptions in their business and the market. But sometimes it’s because they aren’t approaching the right candidates in the right ways. They may approach hiring as a transactional process rather than as an organizational strategy.
Talent acquisition services can make the difference. A human-centric talent acquisition strategy will ensure that the hiring process meets the needs of candidates, hiring managers and recruiters and is engaging, intuitive, fair and fast. But that strategy must go beyond just hiring. It must involve setting the strategies, processes and tactics that enable your company to identify and recruit top candidates.
For example, adding technology to your talent acquisition services can bring the right talent to your doorstep faster, more cost-effectively and with higher engagement. Sourcing and selecting tools, including chatbots, are available to candidates anytime and can shorten the time it takes to move candidates to the interview stage by nearly 80%. Automation can help your team identify top talent, schedule interviews, rank candidates based on skills and free up time for hiring managers and recruiters, so they can concentrate on more strategic work. And it can improve the candidate experience.
You might also set a talent acquisition goal to eliminate bias, including unconscious bias, in your candidate assessment processes. Data-driven tools can play a role here, ensuring that recruiters focus on the best talent with the necessary skills and don’t consider any impermissible factors.
What are the steps of your talent acquisition process?
Korn Ferry’s talent acquisition services recommends following our “CARE” model as a proven talent acquisition process. This model ensures that every candidate experience is fair, consistent and engaging. This model consists of four steps:
1. Configure your talent acquisition machine: Caring for candidates means you need the right people, processes and technology on your talent acquisition team. It ensures you have the right members on your team with the right skills, that those team members are doing the right work and that you’ve given your team the tools and technology they need to make their job less manual and more efficient.
2. Adapt your hiring process to each candidate: No two candidates are alike: they have different needs, preferences and expectations, depending on the role they’re applying for and the stage of life they’re in. That’s why it’s important to tailor the hiring experience to each candidate’s journey, specifically what you want them to think, know and feel at each stage. Candidate personas can inform how you design the candidate experience, including which channels you select, what messages you include in job postings, how you assess candidates and what technology you use. A persona should include the person’s age, personal circumstances, family commitments, current role, career background, motivations and aspirations at work, job search status, preferred communication channels, and expectations of the recruitment process.
3. Refine your candidate hiring technology: Talent acquisition technology, such as always-on chatbots and digital assessment solutions, can help you provide a best-in-class candidate experience. But you can’t rely 100% on technology; it has to complement your people and the way they work. The right technology will depend on the role and its specific needs. For example, high-volume roles may be appropriate for an auto-responder email, but executive roles will require a more personal approach.
4. Elevate candidates to employees: Treat candidates as if they’re already working for you and you’ll improve their hiring and onboarding experience. Look for ways to engage them throughout their journey. Embed your brand and values in every step of the hiring process. Share information about your company culture and values and ensure they feel included at every stage. This way, even unsuccessful candidates will leave with a positive impression of your company that they can share with potential employees and customers.
What is a talent acquisition specialist?
Talent acquisition specialists can help organizations attract, source, interview, assess, hire and onboard employees. They do more than recruiters who simply try to find talent for a role. Rather, talent acquisition specialists take a longer-term view of the organization’s hiring processes and talent pipeline. They ensure new hires have the right skillset and mindset for the job. They also make sure candidates are engaged, are aware of the organization’s brand and are in the best position to hit the ground running when they join your company.
Why do I need a talent acquisition specialist?
A talent acquisition specialist can transform a transactional hiring process into a comprehensive, people-centric strategy that fuels and fills your talent pipeline. And it can also show you new approaches to hiring that will help you figure out new ways to secure potential candidates.
Here are just some of the talent configuration and recruitment strategies that a talent partner can help you create:
- Balance: Stabilize your organization through operational transformation, performance improvement and technology.
- Build: Make more of the talent you have through reskilling, upskilling, succession planning and diversity planning.
- Borrow: Help you draw on the skills of interim professionals, including contingent labor, contractors, seasonal staff, and gig workers.
- Bot: Accelerate and scale your hiring processes using technology such as robotic process automation and machine learning.
What is the difference between talent acquisition and HR?
Talent acquisition is a strategy that helps your organization fill current roles and build a long-term talent pipeline. It’s a proactive, continuous process that encompasses recruiting and onboarding talent. Talent acquisition services enable companies to study their workforce and ensure their talent strategies align with their business strategies. The goal is to make sure an organization has the people, competencies and experience necessary to move the business forward.
Human resources is much broader than talent acquisition. It covers the entire lifecycle of an employee, from onboarding to training, setting compensation and benefits, developing policies to govern employees and handling employee exits.
Optimizing the talent experience requires organizations to align talent acquisition with all human resources and talent management functions.
What are talent acquisition teams responsible for?
Talent acquisition teams are responsible for helping organizations find talent with the potential to fit not only in a role but with the organization as a whole, including adding value to its culture. They create a forward-looking talent acquisition strategy that enables them to understand people’s potential, recruit a diverse and inclusive workforce and engage top talent with the drive to help the organization move forward.
Talent acquisition teams can also help organizations make sense of their HR-related data so they can build more informed talent acquisition strategies and choose the right talent at every level of the organization. They help businesses find the talent they need today and set a hiring blueprint to help companies prepare for tomorrow.
At Korn Ferry, talent acquisition teams engage in four key functions:
- Executive search: We identify leaders who connect with your culture and values to drive your business forward. We then help you build the right compensation and benefits package to keep them engaged and motivated.
- Professional search: We look for qualified, talented candidates for your middle and upper-management roles who will be invested in helping your organization thrive now and in the future.
- Interim executives and professionals: We source high-performing individuals from the C-suite to professional level roles for short- and long-term interim or contract needs in every industry according to your timeline.
- Recruitment process outsourcing (RPO): We offer global RPO partnerships that help you find the right people to achieve your organization’s potential.
Why is talent sourcing important?
Good talent is in short supply, and employee retention is more challenging than ever. And it means human resources teams are struggling to find new candidates as well as replacements for the people who have left.
Talent acquisition teams can help organizations solve these sourcing challenges. They could suggest ways to find new pools of talent in different locations, especially if the work can be done remotely. They may look for ways to upskill and reskill existing talent to fill talent gaps or leverage interim talent services to fill roles like project-based professionals or interim executives. They might apply technological solutions to automate and streamline hiring processes, especially if an organization needs to find talent for many roles at once. And they might suggest ways that the organization can attract and motivate talent by setting new pay and reward strategies and performance management plans to increase engagement and productivity.