Scheduling and Cost Control for Federal Government Projects provides participants with the information to estimate cost and time input to generate a WBS and then monitor projects using earned value management. This course reviews best practices to meet the requirements of OMB A-94 and A-11 and addresses the entry-level business, cost, and financial management competencies and performance outcomes, as defined by the FAC-P/PM policy and competency model. Calculation of schedules, using the PERT technique, and interpretation of data from a time-phased distribution of project costs will also be reviewed.
- Identify what is needed to create a WBS to identify and assign resources, predict cost, and generate time estimates.
- Calculate schedules using PERT and analyze projects with earned value management techniques.
- Demonstrate knowledge of OMB A-94 and OMB A-11 application.
- Demonstrate the ability to oversee the application of total lifecycle systems management.
- Action oriented
- Directs work
- Drives results
- Ensures accountability
- Optimizes work processes
- Plans and aligns
- Costing and budgeting
- Project communications management
- Project cost and budget management
- Project estimating
- Project resource planning and control
- Project schedule management
- Project scope management
- Project tracking and reporting
- Onsite instructor-led: 3 days - 24
- Virtual instructor-led: 3 days - 24