Managing IT Projects provides the foundation for the more advanced courses in the IT project management curriculum. Bringing to life the roles and responsibilities of project managers across the more prescriptive IT project life cycle which launches the project and in turn defines and develops the foundation of a project plan. Detailed exploration of the project requirements documentation, work breakdown structure, cost, schedule, and needed resources. Through IT-focused case studies and hands-on exercises, participants learn to use basic project management tools that can be applied immediately.
- Master fundamental project management skills, concepts and techniques.
- Link project goals and objectives to clear, compelling stakeholder needs
- Develop work breakdown structures.
- Set realistic, measurable objectives and ensure positive results.
- Estimate project costs and schedules using simple, proven techniques.
- Establish a dependable project control and monitoring system.
- Action oriented
- Balances stakeholders
- Communicates effectively
- Directs work
- Drives results
- Drives vision and purpose
- Ensures accountability
- Optimizes work processes
- Plans and aligns
- Planning and organizing
- Project change management
- Project communications management
- Project cost and budget management
- Project integration management
- Project life cycle management
- Project schedule management
- Project tracking and reporting
- Risk management
- Verify requirements
- Onsite instructor-led: 3 days - 22.5 / 2 days - 15
- Virtual instructor-led: 3 days - 22.5 / 2 days - 15
- Digital/e-learning: 22.5