Testing Techniques for Tracing and Validating Requirements explains the role of business analysis in the testing process. Participants learn the steps required to both validate requirements and analyze models with stakeholders, and to verify that the solution conforms to the technical specifications. The course emphasizes the importance of establishing a testing methodology and helps those who perform business analysis trace those requirements throughout the testing process. As part of the planning process, participants develop a master test plan that includes the test goals and test strategies.
- Explain and apply the role of business analysis in the testing process.
- Validate business requirements documentation and analyze models with stakeholders.
- Verify that the solution conforms to technical specifications.
- Recognize the importance of a testing methodology.
- Decide what to test and trace those requirements throughout the solution development life cycle (SDLC).
- Develop and execute a test plan.
- Describe various testing techniques.
- Explain how business analysis informs and contributes to testing.
- Discuss the testing process from user and acceptance testing to component testing.
- Explain the relationship between test strategies, test plans, test cases, and test scenarios.
- Customer service delivery
- IT testing
- Measure solution performance
- Validate requirements
- Verify requirements
- Onsite instructor-led: 3 days – 22.5
- Virtual instructor-led: 3 days – 22.5
- Digital/E-learning: 3 days – 22.55