Alastair thrives in an environment working shoulder to shoulder with organizations and their people. In his approach Alastair looks to work closely with people within the organizations he’s working with to understand their true concerns while also assessing the true drivers behind individuals' behaviour.
Prior to Korn Ferry, Alastair ran the consulting organization at a medium sized consulting, technology and product development company after starting his career working in human capital consulting at two global advisory firms. Examples of prior projects Alastair has run include:
- Large-scale business transformation of a freight brokerage which covered go to market strategy, operating model, organizational design, compensation, technology, and process design.
- Partnered with the CEO of national education not-for-profit to design a new operating model and organizational design which identified $2m in savings which was required in order for the business to continue operations.
- Conducted an operational efficiency review of a global banks’ HR function and made recommendations regarding how they could redesign their team to improve efficiency and reduce cost by $3m.
- Led the organizational design workstream and supported change management efforts on a large-scale business transformation of a government funded workplace insurance provider.
Alastair holds the following education credentials:
- Masters in Management Psychology from University of Nottingham
- Masters in Commerce from Deakin University
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Property) from RMIT