Applied Earned Value for Federal Government Projects provides information on financially managing a project throughout the life cycle, using earned value management (EVM) and integrated baseline reviews (IBR). The course will describe the life cycle of an appropriation and will satisfy the mid-level business, cost, and financial management competencies and performance outcomes, as defined by the FAC-P/PM policy and competency model. By the end of the course, the participant will be able to identify cost- based risks, within the 8-step risk management process.
- Manage a project through the life cycle of an appropriation.
- Demonstrate the significance and application of the EVM process, as it relates to government agencies and federal mandates.
- Define cost-based risks and how they affect program and project financial management.
- Describe the purpose and elements of the Integrated Baseline Review (IBR).
- Action oriented
- Directs work
- Drives results
- Ensures accountability
- Optimizes work processes
- Plans and aligns
- Costing and budgeting
- Project communications management
- Project cost and budget management
- Project estimating
- Project resource planning and control
- Project schedule management
- Project scope management
- Project tracking and reporting
- Onsite instructor-led: 3 days - 24
- Virtual instructor-led: 3 days - 24