Project Management Applications is the capstone course for the project management core curriculum—reinforcing and synthesizing the spectrum of project management principles. Students hone their project management skills by working in teams to complete an extensive, realistic, week-long project case study. As the case study progresses through the life cycle, each team member takes a turn at serving as the project manager—defining objectives, performing tasks, and producing deliverables critical to the project’s success.
- Select the level of staffing, resources, and management support required for a project.
- Assemble a project team and gain commitment on project objectives.
- Assign tasks based on work breakdown structure.
- Estimate time and costs and present a project plan to team members and stakeholders.
- Create a project binder documenting each stage of the project and lessons learned.
- Action oriented
- Decision quality
- Directs work
- Manages conflict
- Optimizes work processes
- Plans and aligns
- Situational adaptability
- Planning, prioritizing and organizing
- Project change management
- Project communications management
- Project cost/budget management
- Project integration management
- Project procurement management
- Project schedule management
- Project scope management
- Project tracking and reporting
- Stakeholder expectation management
- Onsite instructor-led: 28
- Virtual instructor-led: 28
- Digital/e-learning: 28