Scheduling and Cost Control provides participants with the theory, techniques, and tools for scheduling and controlling project activities. Participants learn a sound, logical framework for estimating, forecasting, budgeting, monitoring, controlling, analyzing, and reporting costs and interpreting the meaning of earned value data. A realistic case study throughout the course gives participants hands-on practice.
- Use the work breakdown structure to develop a network diagram.
- Calculate schedules using PERT/CPM.
- Identify, assign, and tabulate resource requirements.
- Predict costs and work time using specific levels and estimate types.
- Plan for contingencies and anticipate variations.
- Predict future project performance based on historical data.
- Monitor changes and close out projects on time.
- Action oriented
- Directs work
- Drives results
- Ensures accountability
- Optimizes work processes
- Plans and aligns
- Costing and budgeting
- Project communications management
- Project cost and budget management
- Project estimating
- Project resource planning and control
- Project schedule management
- Project scope management
- Project tracking and reporting
- Onsite instructor-led: 4 days - 28 / 3 days - 22.5
- Virtual instructor-led: 4 days - 28 / 3 days - 22.5
- Digital/E-learning: 28