Few events carry greater risk to shareholder value than a change of leadership. But, still many organizations have ineffective processes for finding and preparing the next generation of leaders. We understand that mapping out generations of future leaders is hard to do alone. Our succession management consultants help organizations clarify, enhance, design, and implement more effective succession strategies and planning processes.
Our succession management solutions include:
- CEO Succession. We draw on our vast database of CEO assessments to create a whole person success profile aligned to the organization's strategy. We then assess internal and external candidates against it using multiple assessors and assessment techniques, including a unique simulation exercise that places candidates in realistic situations faced by a CEO. Our assessment process produces powerful insights for the Board, enabling them to make confident decisions about their next CEO, but also for the candidate themselves. This means the positive impact is far-reaching, advancing the capabilities of individual executives, top teams, and entire organizations.
- Talent Review. Our powerful and proven Talent Review process gives an organization a clearer understanding of its talent at every level and reveals if its succession planning is—or is not—producing the leaders it needs. This research-based, validated, and repeatable process pinpoints development needs enabling organizations to develop their talent in a differentiated way to maximize individual and organizational impact.
- Individual development. We offer individual development against role gaps and group development against organizational gaps, as well as role-specific or strategic build/buy strategies.
WHY KORN FERRY?
- We take nothing personally. We use unbiased data to evaluate talent through an objective lens.
- We take things in context. We consider the entire business strategy, culture and context in order to find the right leaders to achieve specific goals.
- We are hungry for knowledge. We never stop conducting ongoing global research into the state of succession planning.
Our approach helps clients gain clarity about their talent needs, identify high-potential candidates within their organization, improve alignment between their leaders and their strategy, and, ultimately, boost their prospects for long-term growth.