Work. This is how organizations create value. And any organization that wants to maximize its value has to be able to analyse, understand and measure it. This, however, can be difficult to achieve. In most organizations, structures and roles have evolved organically and inconsistently over time, and the approaches used for tracking work can be inconsistent, outdated and confusing.
We bring order to this chaos by creating an analytical framework that helps organizations make informed decisions about how to deploy and organize their people. Our work measurement approach optimizes value by having the right people with the right capabilities in the right place at the right time – and further ensures they are appropriately rewarded for the value they create. And because we are experts in people and how they work, we also help apply this framework across the range of workforce management processes - talent acquisition, talent development, performance management, assignment planning, reward, and engagement.
Key offerings include:
- Job evaluation. Our Guide Chart – Profile Method® of job evaluation is the foundation for determining appropriate levels for each role.
- Job analysis and design. We distinguish between well-designed and poorly-designed jobs to put people in a position to succeed.
- Grade structure design. We build job grade structures that reflect an organization’s unique organization structure, culture and pattern of job evaluations.
- Career frameworks. Our organizing framework of work levels creates a “common work language” to be used across the business and a platform for multiple HR and talent management processes.
- Job family modelling. We build job family models that are flexible, easy to apply, reduce the need for individual job descriptions and provide a platform for talent management and career planning.
- Job-person fit. We help determine which competencies, skills and talent profiles will determine success in a role, helping organizations to get the best fit between the talents of individuals and the work to be accomplished.
- Organization design. We determine if organizations have the right number of roles in the right places at the right level of work. We also help determine if there are gaps or redundancies in the design of organizations.
- Equal pay for equal work. We put in place robust methods for measuring jobs that ensure organizations pay every individual fairly and equally for the work that they do.
WHY KORN FERRY?
- We speak people. We translate business objectives into talent and workforce demands, anticipating what it will take to execute any business and people strategy.
- We define the cutting edge. Our job evaluation method (Hay Guide Chart - Profile Method) is the most widely used and accepted in the world. It has already enabled tens of thousands of organizations across all industry sectors to create effective job evaluation frameworks across all types of work. We have utilized our methodology to support a range of job evaluation processes ranging from streamlined job family models to high precision frameworks.
- We measure jobs by size AND shape. Our job evaluation method works three-dimensionally, understanding the shape of the role and the skills and competencies needed to excel.
- We are data driven. We have the largest database of job evaluations in the world. Once we know the size and shape of roles, we can also use our pay database of more than 20 million employees from 25,000+ organizations in more than 150 countries worldwide to bring clarity and objectivity to how organizations pay.